This evening I wanted something bready so I went in search of an easy recipe using the ingredients I currently have on hand. I came across Paleo Spirit and was intrigued by the few ingredients and ease of the recipe.
Side note: One of these days, I’ll have to start experimenting for myself, but until then, I thank everyone who has posted their goodness for me to make!
- 1 cup tapioca flour (starch)
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large egg, whisked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the tapioca flour with the salt and 1/4 cup of the coconut flour in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Pour in oil and warm water and stir. Add the whisked egg and continue mixing until well combined.
- If the mixture is too thin you should add one or two more tablespoons of coconut flour – one tablespoon at a time – until the mixture is a soft but somewhat sticky dough.
- Use a spatula or large spoon to scoop out about two tablespoons of the dough and roll into balls. You will be making about 10 rolls. Use extra tapioca flour in the palms of your hands so the dough does not stick.
- Place each roll of dough onto a greased baking pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Serve warm.
OK – these were AMAZING! My batch made 9 and I ran out of coconut flour, so the texture when I put them on the pan was still a little stickier than it should be.. I couldn’t roll them. HOWEVER, they turned out FANTASTICALLY! I added a little butter on one and then later put the slightest amount of sunflower honey (my favorite!) on another. These are the perfect little treats!
Serving size – 1 roll
Servings – 9
Calories – 190
Fat – 15.7g
Carbs – 12.7g